Monday, April 18, 2011

Closer look at Potsdam via Bike

This weekend was BIZEEE.  We hit up a european "frat party" Friday night.  I know no one is going to believe me, but I, yes I, was out until 3:30 a.m.  If I knew it was past 12 and my pumpkin had turned back into mice, I would have certainly gone home.  But this former Russian casino club was so interesting and, of course, the people watching here is top notch PARTICULARLY during late night hours, that I didn't even notice.

We also went to the women's championship soccer game (Babelsberg vs. some other German team in red) and it ended 1-0.  Wow.  For last year's women's soccer world champions, it was a little slow for me.  I guess I'm used to watching the usual world champions of football... the Steelers of course.  Worst part is that I ate a whole schnitzel AND a foot long bratwurst which is more German meat than any one person needs in a week.

Thankfully on Sunday, we got fresh air, rode our bikes around Potsdam and went to the Tulip Festival which I would put somewhere between a Renaissance Fair and a drunken Holland flower market.  Either way, I snapped a few pics on the ride.  Enjoy!

Sorry - its Flatow Tower again from a different angle.  Can't get enough.

Private house in the park.  Those huge cracks are from the bombings years ago, but public and private funds are slowly restoring the "mini castles" now.

Hans Otto Theater in Potsdam from the other side of the river (where we live)


This is one side of the triangle of bars and cafes in the center of Potsdam

No comments:

Post a Comment