Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good News - Bad News

I always want to know the bad first....  :)

I now understand the harsh reality of wearing heels on cobblestone. I could have donated half of my luggage weight if I only knew that heels, even 1" ones, are ankle breakers on these sidewalks!  Anyone want to trade me many 3" heels for ballet flats??  This also means I will require one expensive trip to the tailor for shorten hems.  Maybe I'll get those "Style Snaps" I saw on late night TV....

So unto the good news!  I learned today that "satt" is the word to be full or satisfied in terms of food, but  there isn't a word in the German language to say you are full or done drinking!  There are three words I know so far for hangover.

Going to the Turkish market tomorrow with friends from school.  Supposedly the cheapest vegetables and best baklava in town.  I shall be the judge of that.  Then Joern and I are out on the town to some place called the Russian Casino Room.  Maybe I can wear a pair of heels for a few hours then... or break my other leg.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment