Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trying for a bright side?

I knew there was a washing machine but no dryer in the flat when I visited in February.  Back to basics, I'm cool with that.  However, I did NOT fully grasp the idea of line drying every piece of clothing.  Joern tries to explain (like to a child or a 30 something party girl) that it could be fun to line dry clothes because it can be like a "panty party" with my other girlfriends in the building.  Umm there are no mimosas or Fredricks of Hollywood gifts, so no, that's not quite the same.  I'm cracking up as I'm procrastinating taking another load of laundry UPstairs to hang on LINES with everyone else in the freezing cold attic.  At least I have heat and hot water - I found out today that my friend from school has to put COAL in a central stove in order to heat their house and to have hot showers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment